Chartering department has been providing brokerage services for many years and developed its reputation of the reliable and efficient broker on a shipping market. SM chartering team works with significant traders and manufacturers of coal, fertilizers (MOP), woods (TIMBER, VENEER, ROUND LOGS) and metals (ALUMINIUM, HRC, CRC, BILLETS). From 2011 SM has been running a Hong Kong branch with chartering department for more effective development on the Asian market.
The main approach of chartering team is to satisfy the Charterers’ requirements with regard to:
1. The tender basis with regard to dates and ocean freight level.
2. Filtering of reliable candidates and checking the Owners with regard to firm approach
3. Fixing and Post-fixing process:
– checking of the subject vessels at Tokyo Mou;
– checking of the vessel’s itinerary including intermediate voyages and estimation of the risk level on delay before the subject vessel would have been clean fixed;
– checking for negative records of the Owners and the chain of ownership;
– post-fixing managing during the voyage up to its completion.
4. Assistance in development of the mutually profitable relationship between Charterers and Owners.
SM shipbrokers have a wide knowledge of the shipping market trends and status, and can provide clients with indications for a carriage and guidelines to avoid any difficulties toward prospective shipment.
Following the above statements in a daily practice SM brokers have developed the exclusive relations and experience with some of Owners and Charterers on shipping market and the team is always ready to provide an indicative and practical service for new and existing clients 24 hours SHINC.